Eunil Won's Home Page
VertexIIpro evaluation board
This is a short instruction about how to download the firmware and
the elf file for the power PC core in the VertexIIpro chip.
If all goes right, then the LCD should show "Set Time" indicator.
- Read through the document assiciated with the given project. The
below is for the example UltraController_Tutorial_1_EDK and the document
can be seen from here.
- Set all the dip switches as described in the document.
JP19 1-2 3-4
JP12 3-4 5-6
- Run XPS and compile c source codes as described in the document.
- Run ISE and place and route vhdl as described in the document.
- Goto "Generate program File" in ISE window and set the properties
startup options tab: JTAG clock
readback optins tab: mark create readback data files
create mask files
- Generate bit file by running "Generate Program File"
- Run "Configur Device (iMPACT)" and follow the step below
choose "boundar-scan mode"
choose "automatically connect..." button
press OK against "There were 2 devices..."
choose bypass on xcf04s
choose the corresponding bit file on v2p
right click and select program
Comments: The biggest hurdle was to make mask files and choosing
right path in iMPACT. I don't think I understand fully but the
above procedure allowed me to download the new firmware.